Sunday, March 24, 2013

My latest projects

I just wanted to share a few of my latest sewing projects. The boys love going with me to the fabric store, and I let them pick out their own fabric. I made them pajama pants with this thin fleece fabric -
 
 
 Remington picked trains, and Southern picked lizards. I didn't have a pattern for these, so I just eye-balled their current pajamas when cutting. I think they were a hit!
 
 

And with this cotton fabric, I made them each a set of cargo shorts with a pocket on matching t-shirts. I found this pattern online, and I think it is so cute. I'm going to be making more of these for sure. Southern picked the superhero fabric, and Remington picked Dora.
 
 
I love how excited they get to try on their new clothes.
 
And, last week, I made the boys matching Easter baskets. I had found this fabric at our local quilt shop in their sale room. They were having a buy one yard, get one yard free sale, so I grabbed it quickly. I had been looking around to find something "Easter-ish", but there wasn't a big selection in town, and most of the fabric I saw was too girly. So when I saw these squirrels, I was excited. And since the fabric is no longer available, I decided to go ahead and make three while I was at it.
 
 
So now each of our sons has a custom-made Easter basket (though our third son won't be able to use his until next Easter). And, as you can tell, we have settled on a name. Surprise! #3 son is going to be Baylor Anthony Wyatt.
 
I had loved Baylor ever since I read the Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood book in high school. Then, when Southern was a newborn, I was watching the movie while breastfeeding and was kind of falling in and out of sleep. At some point, when I woke up or was dreaming, I thought that the baby in my arms was named Baylor! So I was pretty sure I had wanted to use that name when we found out our next was to be a boy. Dustin wasn't 100% sure until I mentioned that Baylor means "water-loving". As soon as I said that, he was set. Anthony means "priceless" and is also the name of my maternal grandfather.

No comments: