Thursday, March 21, 2013

Missing Poppy

Southern was only 18 months old when we lost Poppy. And amazingly, he still remembers him. We do talk about Poppy sometimes, but it's been awhile.

Then yesterday, out of the blue, Southern asked me when Poppy was coming back. How to answer that question? I just again explained that Poppy had died, and that we miss him, but that we can't see him anymore. I tried explaining about Heaven and how once someone goes there, they don't come back.

Southern thought about that for a little while and then said, "Mommy, I don't want to die EVER. And I don't want Remington to die either because then I would miss him." Heartbreaking. I teared up and told him that I too didn't want either of them to die EVER.


Feeding the cows with Poppy - October, 2010


Southern pointing out the cows for Poppy - October 2010

No comments: