Sadly, little Southern has been under the weather these past few days. When we found out a relative was sick right before Christmas, my first instinct was to keep Southern away. I was told that it would probably be okay, just to keep him from getting too close, and besides, everyone was coming to see Southern - he was the star of the show. So we decided to take him as planned. After all, it's Christmas. I didn't want to be a Scrooge. But now he's sick. Poor little guy.
We had 7 Christmases to go to this year as usual. We ended up having to cancel the last one though. Southern just felt awful Saturday evening, and we knew he needed a break. So we called everyone to postpone the party we had planned for Sunday until New Year's Day. One family will no longer be able to make it now though. That's especially sad because they were the people we get to see the least. Oh well, maybe some other time. We've been giving Southern his medicine and trying to get him to take extra naps, and I can tell he's getting better. Unfortunately, now I'm feeling sickly. We had to cancel Dustin's hunting plans today so he could stay home to help. I'm correct in saying that right now our family has got the winter blues!
No comments:
Post a Comment