I had my 3-hour glucose test yesterday morning. It certainly was a trial... I was supposed to fast from midnight until my appointment at 8:30am. Doesn't sound too hard, right? Well that was when I thought that I would be asleep for most of that time. I have been having insomnia problems for the past week or so, and it turns out that the night before my glucose test I couldn't fall asleep until 4:30am. And I had gone to bed at 11pm! :( I woke up with Dustin's alarm around 7 in the morning, so I only had two and a half hours of sleep and was starving. I went to my appointment a little early but didn't get to see a nurse until 8:45am or so. She took my blood, and then I chugged another yucky sugar drink. This one was double the concentrate of last time. It was orange flavored, which beat the lemon-lime, but it was bigger so there was more to drink. She set the timer for an hour, and I went back to the waiting room.
I had taken along a book since I was going to be there so long, but my eyes were so tired it was hard to focus. I decided to watch TV instead. I got to see the Rachael Ray show, which I had never seen before. I like her cooking show, but this was a talk show, and it focused on women who hate their legs and how to dress to offset that insecurity... not so interesting. The timer went off during the last quarter of the show so I got to have another vial of blood drawn. Then back to the waiting room. Now it was time for The View. I had never seen that program before either. It was basically just five or six women talking around a table for an hour... I don't even remember what they were talking about. I think I was drifting in and out of sleep for the most part and trying not to think about food. I felt very nauseous from lack of sleep, lack of food, and that sugar drink. Time for another needle and more blood drawn. My last hour there was spent reading my book. After they drew the fourth vial, they said I was free to go. Yes! I rushed to Sonic and had a double-meat cheeseburger since I was starving... afterwards I didn't feel so good. But at least I was full. They said they should get the results today or tomorrow. I'll keep you updated.
Our first Lamaze class is tomorrow night. We were told bring 4 pillows, a yoga mat, snacks and water, and to wear comfy stretchy clothes. Dustin panicked at first, but I assured him there would be no yoga involved... We're going to that class for the remaining four Thursdays this month. Then we have a Breastfeeding class and a Caring for Mom/Caring for Baby class two Wednesdays this month.
And on Monday we go in for another doctor's appointment for a sonogram. A busy 2009 so far!
1 comment:
Hi Linds,
Just to let you know I've been enjoying reading your blogs. You are an excellent blogger! So glad you were finally able to get your hands on some grub...that's a long time for an expectant mom to be without food!!! (I could almost feel your hunger pangs!)
Love,
Tricia
Post a Comment