Yesterday, we met with Aunt Carly and cousin Claire at the library for storytime. Southern especially was very excited to see Claire. He wanted to make sure she sat beside him during storytime.
After listening to a few books read aloud, singing a few songs and dancing a bit, we moved on to craft time. Then we visited the Children's Room for some books and movies. Southern took his time going through the shelves and came up with this combination of books - Batman, Blue at the Beach, a Lightning McQueen book, a book about a little boy riding a bike, and a couple books about Halloween.
We soon checked out and headed to our next stop of the day, Bisque Bistro. I love this place! If I weren't taking care of kids every day and were rich, I would be here at least once a week. I had a gift certificate to spend before it expired at the end of the month, and it was a Tuesday (which means 2 for the price of 1 studio fees)! I let the boys each pick whatever they wanted to paint. Southern chose a soccer ball piggy bank and Remington chose a little monkey. I found a large W on the 10% off rack of slightly damaged items and considered it fate. We had a blast. Claire napped for a bit, all of the kids snacked for a bit, and we had fun painting. And, of course, my boys love the kids toy corner. They made sure to include Claire in the truck/car fun as well.
We spent this morning painting again! Our local friends gathered for a flower pot painting session at the park. It was fun!
After painting and playing on the playground, the boys and I loaded up in the car for a drive. We were headed to Target in Selma to pick up our pictures from the photo shoot we did 2 weeks ago. We also stopped by Babies R Us. My doctor's office had given me a book that had a coupon in it for a free $10 gift card. All you had to do was register with them. I hadn't planned on doing that (and had never done a baby registry with them before because there is not a Babies R Us or even a Toys R Us near Yoakum), but for $10, why not?
I had fun picking things out for the new baby. We have most of the big things already, but there are some things we need - a waterproof mattress cover, some extra crib sheets, more sleep sacks, more hangers, diapers, wipes, baby food, more bibs and straw sippy cups, diaper cream, etc. Southern was getting into the fun as well and picked out a few things that he said he wanted Baylor to have (a Mickey Mouse hat, a Mickey Mouse outfit, and a few toys). And with the $10 gift card, I got a new outfit for Baylor that was on clearance for $7 (So cute! It was a little pants/shirt/jacket set with a whale on them.) and two pairs of sunglasses for Southern and Remington that were on sale 2 for $6 so I ended up paying only $4.
After that great deal, we headed back to New Braunfels. There's a local sandwich shop that was offering free fruit smoothies to the moms/kids in my mom's group today, so we each got one of those as well. So yummy, and you can't beat free!
No comments:
Post a Comment