Right now I'm about 28 1/2 weeks along. I had my 28 week check-up with my doctor today. Everything's checking out normally except - surprise! - his size.
When we first got there (I had the boys with me), I checked in, and they gave me my glucose drink. It wasn't as yucky as I remember. I had the orange flavor this time. I downed it in a couple minutes, and they started the timer. Then the nurse took us back to get my weight and blood pressure.
When the doctor came in, she asked all of the usual questions. Then she asked me to get up on the exam table so she could measure my tummy. This is where we ran into it. My tummy measured 33 1/2 cm. For those of you who may not know or remember - your tummy is supposed to measure +/- 2 cm how many weeks along you are. So Baylor is measuring 3-7 cm bigger than he should!
We were then able to listen to his heart beat - 146. And with that, we were done in the exam room and headed back to the waiting room. We stayed there until my hour was up, went back into an exam room for the nurse to draw my blood, and then we were finished.
I'm going back in 3 weeks, and my doctor has ordered a sonogram for that visit since she was concerned with Baylor's size. As far as the glucose test results, they said no news is good news. So I hope to not hear back from them anytime soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment