Monday, June 11, 2012

The Love Dare - Days 4 & 5

--- Day 4 ---

Yesterday's dare was kind of completed. Dustin and I talked about it last night, and it didn't go exactly as planned, but we both considered it good enough so we're moving on.

We were supposed to call each other sometime during the course of the day just to ask how each other is doing and to ask if there is anything we can do for each other.

I called Dustin in the morning. (He was working a tennis tournament this weekend.) It started out with asking how he was doing, but after we covered that topic, I went on to how I was doing AKA what I wished he was helping me with at home.

When Remington wakes up in the morning, he starts crying for me to come get him. Yesterday was no exception. But when I walked into his room to get him, he was covered in poop. It was in his hair, all over his back and legs, all over his pajamas, sheet, blanket, crib bumpers, stuffed animal, EVERYWHERE! He had pooped so much that it ran out of the back of his diaper at the top, and he had it smeared all over. Ugh. I ran him to the bathtub (which was of course still cluttered with bath toys that weren't picked up the night before). I'm trying to hold him so that we don't get poop in more places and pick up toys. I undress him and "hose" him off with the hand held shower wand. Once he is bathed, I dry him and dress him. Then I still have the poop-covered bed items to deal with. And all during this time, he is crying and Southern is hovering around asking questions. I sure could have used an extra pair of hands that morning.

And after I get through telling him about all of that, I forget about The Love Dare and why I was originally calling.

A while later, Dustin calls me. He asks us to come by the tennis courts with lunch for him. (We do.)

So we technically completed the call each other part of the dare. But instead of asking "what can I do for you?", we asked "can you bring me food" and said "I wish you were at home to help me with poop clean up". Haha!!

--- Day 5 ---

Today Dustin is supposed to tell me 3 things that I do that annoy him. I am supposed to do the same with him. We can't argue or justify. I'm kind of excited... and curious as to what I do that is irritating to him.

We are supposed to practice etiquette in our marriage.

1. Guard the Golden Rule. Treat your mate the same way you want to be treated (see Luke 6:31).
2. No double standards. Be as considerate to your spouse as you are to strangers and coworkers.
3. Honor requests. Consider what your husband or wife already asked you to do or not do. If in doubt, then ask.

A couple of times in the past during an argument, I have told Dustin "you would be nicer to me if I were checking you out at Wal-Mart!" He would counter with, "well, you're my wife - I hold you to a higher standard that a cashier at Wal-Mart!" Haha!! So I think this task is a really good one for us. We are so comfortable with each other, it will be nice to raise our "good manners" level at home a bit.

No comments: