My relationship with Dustin's grandparents has always been fairly close. They helped to raise him, and he looked to them as extra sets of parents growing up. It's been fun getting to know them as I became a part of the family. I think they each have/had very distinct personalities...
Poppy was the wise, thoughtful, socializing teacher. My grandpa called him The Politician because he would always "work the crowd" at restaurants, walking around shaking hands with everyone he knew. And it seemed he knew everyone!
His wife DeDe is a hoot. She says what she thinks and doesn't mince words. Conversations with her are fun!
Dustin's other grandfather, Paw-Paw, was very easy going. When I think of him, I picture him in his recliner or on his exercise bike watching sports on TV. I also vividly remember one trip back from San Antonio with them. He had the car's radio going on one football game, and his portable boom box going with another football game. Both at the same time. And both very loud as he kept turning one up to hear over the other! :)
And Dustin's granny... I could write paragraphs about memories with her! She sometimes reminds me of Raymond's mom on Everyone Loves Raymond as she goes through our mail, washes the few dishes I haven't gotten to yet, or tells me how/what to feed our son. Haha! But she has always been there for us and doesn't hesitate to help when needed. We love her dearly.
And Dustin's granny... I could write paragraphs about memories with her! She sometimes reminds me of Raymond's mom on Everyone Loves Raymond as she goes through our mail, washes the few dishes I haven't gotten to yet, or tells me how/what to feed our son. Haha! But she has always been there for us and doesn't hesitate to help when needed. We love her dearly.
I'm so happy that our boys get to know her. Southern had an easy time saying DeDe. It was one of his first dozen words, I think. On the other hand, he's just now getting to where "geh-y e-her" is becoming distinguishable. But he enjoys her visits as much as we do.
And we had another adventure with her this past Saturday. She loves being involved, and she just jumps right in to any situation. This picture that Dustin took of her in his truck is a perfect example. I love it! She's so happy.
And we had another adventure with her this past Saturday. She loves being involved, and she just jumps right in to any situation. This picture that Dustin took of her in his truck is a perfect example. I love it! She's so happy.


No comments:
Post a Comment