Southern just read a book aloud for the first time! I was reading to him before naptime today, and one of the books was this one:
It was given to him by the Daugherty's at his baby shower. They are our old neighbors from the house we rented after college on Greta St. They said their son loved this book and hoped ours would as well. And he does! Each page has a black and white photo of an animal with its name.
He picks out some books to read before naptime and before bedtime each day, and this was one of the books he picked today. As I was reading it to him, he was repeating each animal's name after I said it. So when I finished the book, I asked if he wanted to read it to me now. He said yes. I pointed to each page and he "read" the animal's name aloud. I would flip the pages for him, and he read the whole thing to me. So awesome!

No comments:
Post a Comment