Remington smiled at me for the first time yesterday. And I mean, really smiled. He has smiled in his sleep before, has smiled while nursing, and has grinned a bit for no reason. But this time, it was the real deal. Daddy had just gotten home from work. Southern was still upstairs in his room napping. I was puttering around in the kitchen getting some food and had passed Remy onto Dustin. They were hanging out in the recliner looking at each other, and Dustin had been talking to him. They were just so cute I stopped what I was doing and went over to them and kneeled beside the chair. Remington started looking at me then so I said something to him and smiled - and he smiled right back at me while looking me in the eyes! So sweet :)
And speaking of another sweet little boy, our Southern sure has come a long way. He went from not talking very much at all one year ago to being a jabberjaw. (He got that from his daddy!) And it is great to be able to talk back and forth with him though it sometimes takes patience... like when we tell him we're going to Yoakum and then have to hear "Grammy? Josh? Grammy? Josh?" for a whole hour while we're driving! ;) But while he has mastered many words, he hasn't exactly mastered the correct pronunciation of them just yet. Here are a few of the cutest sounding ones:
Grammy = MeMe
Grandad = D Dad
Dracky = Rady
Mikayla = KK
Coltin = CoCo
Keleigh = K hee
lion = rodney
stairs = nehs
Muno = noon-a
giraffe = gira
tennis courts = nennis cocoat
yes = jes
kitty = keke
train tracks = choo choo tak
No comments:
Post a Comment