Monday, March 1, 2010

Wish List

Southern's first birthday party is less than a month away! You have probably already gotten your invitation. We're doing a dinosaur theme because I wanted to do a volcano cake, and I figured his first one would be best since he's too young to blow out candles anyway. We'll just have smoke coming out of the volcano instead. And he already loves playing with dinosaurs. So a dinosaur party it will be! :)

I've already had a few questions about Southern's sizes and his interests, so I thought I'd go ahead and post a birthday wish list in case someone wants present ideas. Keep in mind, we only request your presence at the party, not presents... but most of you want to get him something so here goes:

He currently wears size 18 months in all clothes except pajamas. He wears 24 months in pajamas and size 5 in socks and shoes. So anything in those sizes or larger will be great. He could use some button-down shirts as he has outgrown all of his current ones. We could also use more pajamas. He outgrows them quickly. I usually get him footed pajamas since he kicks his covers off, but they are a little hard to find in the larger sizes. Our Target currently has some, and I've had good luck at Kohls.com and OldNavy.com.

He likes watching Yo Gabba Gabba on TV as well as The Upside Down Show. So he would enjoy anything with those characters - DVDs, books, toys, etc. He also likes to watch Baby Einstein DVDs. He likes to play with the usual little boy toys - cars, blocks, dinosaurs, etc. He does have soft squishy blocks but no wooden ones yet. He has one wooden puzzle he likes to play with. He loves storytime and will flip through books on his own as well. His current favorite is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See". (I'm told this was also the favorite book of my younger cousins Dayne and Mark so he must take after them!)

He will eat all kinds of babyfood. He mostly eats 3rd stage jars but his favorite is still the 2nd stage Gerber spinach, peas and carrot mix. And he loves to snack on Gerber yougurt melts.

Well that's all I can think of right now. Hope this helps! Oh, and money for his savings account is always a great gift idea ;)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the volcano cake!