Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Storytime

Southern LOVES storytime. In the past, he would enjoy it. We went through phases of him listening peacefully, looking at the pictures, and touching the pages. We also went through a short phase of him not wanting to sit still long enough to read. But now he absolutely loves it.


He will go through his collection of books to pick one out to read. 95% of the time it is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See". He will hold it out to me with that pleeease, Mommy look in his eyes. We will read it. I'll let him turn the pages. When it's over, I close the book, say The End, and then set it down. He will look down at it for a moment, then pick it right back up to hand to me to read again. And again. And again. We can read the same book 7 times in a row and his eyes will still light up as I open to the first page and he gets a glimpse of that big brown bear.






No comments: