Thursday, November 19, 2009

Letter From the President

Southern received a letter from President Obama. So cool! While I was pregnant, I read as many articles in magazines and online as I possibly could about babies. I came across one that said my baby could get a letter from the President, and I was immediately excited. What a great item for the baby book! All you have to do is write to the White House when your baby is born. You send them his/her name, birth date, and address, and they'll send you a letter signed by the President and First Lady. So I did that, and almost 7 months later, we got the letter! It was addressed to Southern, and I was so anxious to open it. It says:

The White House
Washington
Welcome to the world! Your arrival is a cause for great celebration for your proud family. We wish you a long and happy life filled with chances to learn, ideas to explore, people to love, and dreams to fulfill.
Sincerely,
Barak Obama Michelle Obama

No comments: