Tuesday, December 23, 2008

26 Weeks

After my appointment on Thursday, I was told that if the results from my glucose test weren't good, I would be getting a call that weekend. I didn't hear from them, so I was excited. Then Monday came and went, and I thought that surely I was good to go. Then, today, I got a call from my doctor's office... My sugar levels are too high. :(

I'm going to have to go back in for another test. This time it will be a 3-hour glucose test. They wanted me to come as soon as possible, but with the holidays that won't be until two weeks from now. I'll be going in on the morning of Jan 6th as soon as they open. I'm going to have to fast that morning, eating nothing after midnight. They're going to draw my blood as soon as I get there. Then I'm going to have to drink another yucky drink. I'll wait 3 hours and then they'll draw more blood. What fun.

On the bright side, Christmas is here. I'll just have to watch not to eat too many sweets. We had our first family Christmas (out of 7) on Sunday at Dustin's granny's house. That was fun. It was laid-back. We ate, played a game, opened presents, and talked. We have two more Christmases tomorrow, two on Thursday, and our final two are on Sunday. Yay! I can't wait to see everyone. Merry Christmas!! :)

No comments: