Thursday, September 25, 2008

13 Weeks

Today I am 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant. It's going by quickly! This week I have been having my "morning sickness" again... just when I thought I might be getting over it. It hasn't been as bad as usual thank goodness. I was able to go grocery shopping on Tuesday and got a lot of yummy stuff for supper this week. I made chicken fried steaks last night, and they were delicious! :)

But we had some bad news last night as well. Dustin drove me over to the emergency room late last night. It turns out I have a thrombosed external hemorrhoid. According to the doctor, they are common problems associated with pregnancy. And now that I have gotten one, I will be more predisposed to getting them throughout my pregnancy. He gave me a prescription. We were able to get it filled last night, and I started on my pills. I may have to continue taking them throughout my pregnancy and for a little while after the baby is born. It is painful to walk and to sit. Luckily, my doctor gave me a note to miss work until Monday. Hopefully by then the swelling will be down enough so that I will be able to function normally.

I talked to my manager today, and she was very understanding. She said they'd be able to work something out and not to worry about missing work. Fridays are one of our most busy days so I feel bad about leaving them hanging. And the Comal County Fair is this weekend, so there will be a lot of people around town. I believe this Saturday will also be fairly busy at the bank. We have always had three tellers working the drive-through and two in the lobby on Saturdays ever since my bank started offering Saturday hours in March. But now that we have new managers, one of them looked at the "forecast" for this Saturday and found out the computer program only recommends two in the drive-through and two in the lobby. That's crazy! How can a computer forecast how many people we will need when it has absolutely no data from the past year at this time? And I would think it would need more like 5-10 years of past data to predict anything close to accurate. We tried to explain that, but of course the "forecast" can't possibly be wrong... I was supposed to be working in the drive-through. I definitely can't say I will be sad to miss this Saturday. That was not going to be fun. Only two of us trying to keep up with 6 lanes of cars. Not to mention working the night drop, day drops, running coin, and balancing the vault all at the same time. Yikes!

Well the baby and I are both fine. I believe that the swelling will not last but a few more days, no longer than a week for sure. Dustin and I have done a lot of praying, and things could have been worse. I'm thankful. So I'm going to take advantage of this time off and make sure to get enough sleep, stay off of my feet for the most part, and eat nice balanced meals. Our kitty is sure enjoying me being home! :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I hope you start feeling better soon! :)