Well this past Tuesday, September 16th, marked the 12-week check-up date with my doctor. I found out that everything's good with the baby. I got to hear the heartbeat again - it's at 146. I lost some weight though, and it was hard for them to get all the blood they needed for the tests. They said I must've not been hydrated enough due to my constant problem with throwing up. My "morning sickness" has been pretty bad. Luckily, I have been able to keep down most of my food for the past week. Hopefully that's a good sign that it is coming to an end. I call it "morning sickness" in quotation marks since it never bothers me in the mornings. I had problems keeping my lunch down and would feel queasy all the way until evening. But like I said... this past week, I've felt much better
I talked to the managers at work, and I am excited to report that I am now getting hour lunches everyday. Since I am part-time, most days I would only get 30 minutes for lunch, and it's hard to eat that fast and keep my food down. I explained that to them and let them know that I wouldn't mind staying 30 minutes later to make up for the longer lunch. We have had some recent changes in our management at my branch, and it seems as though this new set of people are much more easygoing. Perfect!
So during this visit to the doctor, they mainly just took a lot of blood and told me that next month they'll take more. They need the blood for all of the tests they preform to help determine any genetic defects that baby may be in risk of having. And then in November, we'll do the sonogram to see if it's a boy or a girl!!! I can't wait to find out.
Dustin wants a boy. My mom wants a girl. I haven't decided which I want yet. I think I don't want to get my hopes up one way or the other. I've heard boys are easier to raise but girls are easier as babies. Who knows... I just want a healthy baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment