Do you remember this post from three years ago? http://lchahnwyatt.blogspot.com/2013/07/lime-tree.html
It talks about the lime tree that Dustin's grandparents gave to us as just a tiny little sprout in a pot. Well, that little sprout is now as big as our house. For some reason, I got the idea to pose beside this lime tree when I was pregnant with Southern so we could show the growth of the tree alongside the growth of our children. And now that our family is again growing by one more child, we posed by the lime tree. Sadly, both Poppy and DeDe have passed, so we aren't able to show them the latest picture.
![]() |
| August 2016, pregnant with Everett |
![]() |
| July 2013, pregnant with Baylor |
![]() |
| May 2011, pregnant with Remington |
![]() |
| March 2009, pregnant with Southern |
Notice in the most recent picture, the lime tree is almost reaching our roof. In the 2013 picture, it is up to the bottom of the windows on the second story of our house. In the 2011 picture, it is only up to the bottom of the window on the first floor, and in the 2009 picture, it's not even as tall as our front door while in a pot!
And, a bonus photo. It doesn't feature the lime tree as well, but I love the happiness and love that I see in our boys' faces. I'm going to print this one out and take it with me to the hospital in the morning.





No comments:
Post a Comment