Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Surprise!

If you haven't heard the news already - Surprise! Another baby Wyatt is cooking and is due to arrive September 20, 2016. It is not "Facebook official" yet, so please don't mention it on social media just yet.

Here are a couple pictures taken at our first appointment on February 15th. Dustin was off of school that day for President's Day, so I had a friend come over to watch our boys while Dustin and I went to the appointment. She had her two kids with her (the older one is Remington's age, and the younger one is a little younger than Baylor) so they were all able to play. My doctor had gotten an ultrasound machine upgrade since we had Baylor, so we were treated to a real show. She now has a big flat screen TV coming out of the wall that shows the sonogram, so the moms no longer have to crane their necks while laying on their backs trying to look at the little screen on the machine.


And here are a few more pictures that were taken at my latest appointment just last week. It was supposed to be just a typical tummy check appointment. The nurse drew blood (more on that later), and then the doctor came in to check on me. Remington and Baylor were with me for this appointment, and they were being nice and quiet sitting on a chair watching my iPhone which was tuned into a Wild Kratts episode on YouTube. After asking me questions, she had me lay back so that she could listen to the baby's heartbeat with her little wand/radio thing, but she couldn't really find it. I thought I heard a beat or two, but then I didn't hear anything. And again, I thought a heard another beat or two, and then nothing. She rubbed all over for quite a while, and then she told me that I could sit back up and to be prepared to move rooms. She was very calm and efficient, but she was also in a hurry. She called out to her nurse to ready the sono room now, and then she headed out of my room after telling me that they would get me in a few moments. This is one of the things I really love about her - she's not one to panic, but she's really on top of things and I feel comfortable with her looking out for me and my babies. The minutes-long wait was nerve wracking, and prayers were said. As soon as I got moved to the sonogram room, she bustled back in and told me to lay down. Right away we could see the baby moving! She said, "well it's kicking!" And it was! Literally, the first thing I saw on the screen were two tiny legs, each kicking alternately up and down, up and down. Then she moved the wand a little, and we could see the whole body. It was turning, rolling back and forth, back and forth. So I guess it was just playtime for baby, and that's why she couldn't get a read on the heartbeat monitor in the other room. So I got a few bonus pictures of our little one.







 And as for the blood test, we got the results back yesterday. The nurse called to say that all of the screenings for genetic abnormalities came back negative. Yay! And she also had the results of the gender. She asked if I wanted her to tell me right then over the phone or if I wanted a sealed envelope to come pick up. I opted for the envelope so that Dustin could hear the results with me. And when he (finally) got home from work, we all went outside to the back yard as a family and opened the envelope.




Southern was SO super excited. He jumped up and down cheering when he heard the news. He had said he didn't want to have any girl toys in our house. And he and Remington had already picked out names last week thinking it would be a boy. Southern wanted to name the baby Western, and Remington wanted Hank Williams Wyatt. Needless to say, we are still brainstorming names. ;)

No comments: