Friday, July 31, 2015

Dinosaur George

We are a big fan of Dinosaur George. We first saw him at the New Braunfels Library one summer, and I now follow him on Facebook. So if he ever is nearby, we like to take in a show. Each time is a little bit different. But this latest one was by far the best - it was practically a private show just for us!

Dinosaur George was coming to Fischer Park here in New Braunfels this summer, so I had it marked down on the calendar for at least a month. He was doing three shows - 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm. I decided that we would try the last one with the hopes that it wouldn't be as crowded. Boy, was I right! It was just US. Two other families (with one kid each) happened to walk by, and Dinosaur George asked if they could stay. So the audience grew! And the show went on. It was a little shorter than normal, but it was very personalized, and the kids were able to participate often. And then after the show, the other two families left, and our family had a nice talk with Dinosaur George. We mostly talked about dinosaurs, but the conversation ended up evolving. He even disclosed his favorite fishing spot to Dustin. And he remembered us from the last show that we had attended of his, which was in Canyon Lake. Very cool.

During this show, Dustin snapped this picture of Southern interacting with "Jurassic Chip". Dinosaur George's assistant, and it reminded me of our first Dinosaur George show. So I got out the pictures, and sure enough. Same size claw... bigger boys...






No comments: