While Southern was at school this past Monday, I went through my closet to look for a good sized shoe box. My closet is currently in shambles after the rod and shelf fell out of the wall and to the ground, and we haven't had enough time at home to fix it yet (which is a whole other post ;) ) so I wasn't able to get to most of my shoes. But I was able to reach one side of my closet and get the box of what I call my honeymoon shoes. We spent our honeymoon in the mountains of Tennessee and South Carolina, so before we left I bought some new Adidas trail shoes to wear, and I still wear them every now and then. It was a good size and a sturdy box, so I grabbed it. And since it had meaning for me, that made it even more special for Southern to use it.
So when Southen got home from school that day, we got to work. I got out the box, construction paper, copy paper, pencils, map colors, a sharpie, scissors, and a glue stick. I helped direct the project, but Southern did all of the work by himself with a little help gluing or cutting when needed. I was so proud of him. He took it real seriously and did a great job.
He decided to add April laying out on a blanket in the grass. The sign that is on the float shows the way to various local spots near the river.
It was due Wednesday, so Remington, Baylor, and I dropped it off at the fair after dropping Southern off at school that day. Winners were to be notified on Thursday. We didn't get a call so we must not have placed, but I am looking forward to seeing it out on display at the fair.



No comments:
Post a Comment