Friday, May 16, 2014

Throwback Thursday: TMNT

I'm a day late but yesterday was so busy, I ran out of time. So I'm posting my Throwback Thursday picture today. 

I grew up surrounded by boy cousins. I had one girl cousin that I was around often when I was young, but she was a tomboy. So I can remember a time when a fun bath was when the dinosaurs and Hulk Hogan joined my cousin Erick and me in the bathtub. Or when Dayne and I played Baribies - and I wanted to dress them up, but all he wanted to do was wreck their convertibles together (with the  crashes being rated on a scale of how many Barbies fell out of the car upon impact). 

I am no stranger to boy things. But now that I have three boys of my own, I am immersed in BOY. So when one of my little guys shows an interest in something I'm interested in as well, we run with it. Right now we are going through a big Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle phase. I love it! I found some old books and figures on eBay for them. I also got DVDs of the original series. And they inherited my old VHS tapes of the Turtles. 

What's better than a classic TNMT movie and a frozen Kids Cuisine meal?


I know... I usually am so good about feeding them healthy stuff. But I just couldn't resist. I can't even count high enough to guess how many of these I had growing up ;) 

No comments: