She was very kind and gentle, allowing me to feed her and pet her as a child. A favorite treat was ice cold pears. I would pick them from our pear tree in the yard and put them in the garage fridge before giving them to her. I also made my cows "salads" when I was a girl. I would mix up different types of grasses and leaves to serve them.
Over the years, she has held a special place in my heart. I am especially thankful for the memories of her with my boys. Southern and Remington were able to go out to feed her bread many times. She was very slow by then, so we made sure to drive the Mule up close to her so she wouldn't have to travel far.
Over the years, she has held a special place in my heart. I am especially thankful for the memories of her with my boys. Southern and Remington were able to go out to feed her bread many times. She was very slow by then, so we made sure to drive the Mule up close to her so she wouldn't have to travel far.

No comments:
Post a Comment