Southern loves to read... though he can't actually read just yet. But that doesn't stop him from burying his nose into a good book. The boys and I visit the library at least once a week where they are allowed to check out (almost) anything their little hearts desire. The ride home is then spent with Southern (and sometimes Remington too) paging through each of his books and studying the pictures. Then, when we get home, I will usually read aloud at least one of the books checked out that day. Some days we read them all, but we usually try to save the rest for bedtime.
Southern has always loved Eric Carle books. One of his first favorite books was Brown Bear, Brown Bear. Recently, I decided to grab another Eric Carle book from the library. We hadn't read this one before. And after I finished reading through it one time, Southern decided that he now wanted to "read" it himself. So proud of our little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment