I am a part of KinderMoms of New Braunfels. It's a club for moms and kids that groups the kids by kindergarten age. For example, Southern will start kindergarten in August of 2014, so he's a K14. (Remington's a K16 and Baylor's a K18.) I love meeting and hanging out with kids that may be in his class one day. And it will be so fun to show them pictures of them together as babies when they are in high school!
With KinderMoms, each mom organizes at least one playdate every 3 months. And you can make it for just your age group or for all ages. Southern had the idea to do a costume parade with his friends back in September. What a fun idea! I thought about where to do a parade and decided that a nursing home would be a great place. So I contacted the activities director of a local nursing home and pitched our idea. They loved it. We did our little parade with them this past Friday. It was a hit! Southern was Spiderman, Remington was Elmo, and Baylor was a chili pepper. So cute!!
There were about 13 other moms there with 1-3 children each, so we had a good turnout. One of the moms brought suckers for all of the kids to hand out to the residents which they enjoyed doing. The residents also had some candy for our kids along with balloons and snacks. It was great to see so many excited faces (young and old alike).
I got a ton of compliments on the little pepper I was carrying around. One sweet lady walked up to us, leaned over Baylor, and said, "Oooh a little chili pepper. Pobrecito." That made me smile as my grandma says that often. (It means "poor little thing" in Spanish.)
And one man had his birthday that day, so we all sang "Happy Birthday" to him. What a wonderful feeling.

No comments:
Post a Comment