Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"Read me?"

The boys and I made a trip to the library this afternoon. Southern picked out a few books and DVDs. Remington picked out one book, and I got one as well. We made it back to the house, and Remington finally took his nap. Southern and I settled down with a book apiece, and I thought ahh, some peace and quiet and started reading.

About a minute later, I hear "Read me? Read me, Mommy?". I look at Southern. He's holding his book out to me. I tell him that I want to read my book and how about he go ahead and read his book. "Okay." Then about a minute later, I hear "Read me? Read me, Mommy?" again. I remind him that I was going to read my book and that he should read his book. "Already", he said. Sigh. So I ask him if I could read my book for just a little bit longer, and then I would read to him from his book. "Okay." Then... about a minute later, I hear "Read me? Read me, Mommy?" once again. Double sigh.

I set my book down and reach for the Lightning McQueen book in his outstretched hand. We read. The ending is funny. I say, "that was silly" when it's finished, smile, and hand him back his book. He looks down at it and grins. He says "so silly" and chuckles a bit. Then he looks up at me with his big grin and says "you best, Mommy". Aww... I lean in and give him a big hug and kiss. I tell him I love him. "Love you too, Mommy." I'm so glad I read him that book!

No comments: