We dropped by the post office a week or two ago to mail our Christmas cards. With the kids, I usually just go through the drive-thru to mail letters and order stamps online. But I had run out of stamps with about 20 cards left to stamp, and I wanted to mail them all at once. So we waited until Dustin was home and made a trip into town. With Daddy waiting in the car with the boys, I hopped out to buy the stamps and mail the cards. Inside the post office, I saw a cute little cardboard mailbox with a sign. It said "Letters to Santa - Please include your return address"
How fun! I didn't really know what to expect, but I ran back to the car to get a piece of paper. I told Southern about what I was doing, and asked him what he wanted from Santa. Then I wrote a short little note:
Dear Santa,
I am two years old, so Mommy is writing this for me. I would like a t-rex for Christmas. Thank you.
Love,
Southern
I dropped it into the "mailbox". A few days later, I had forgotten about it.
And then today we got a response!! There was a letter in our mail addressed to Southern. There was no return address, but it had a little picture of Santa on it with his name. After supper this evening, we helped Southern open his letter and read it to him. This is what the letter said:
Dear Southern,
I've checked my list and now the elves are checking it twice,
your name appears, not under naughty, it seems you are "NICE"!
I've enjoyed reading your letter and took it to heart.
I showed it to the elves who are now doing their part.
I won't make a promise, I won't spoil the surprise.
The elves have assured me that your present's especially nice.
I will soon be on my way to visit you, there are some things you still need to do...
Remember to hang your stocking with care,
try to be especially nice and fair.
Do your chores and help out around the house,
and on Christmas Eve I'll arrive, quiet as a mouse.
Love,
Santa
P.S. I believe a T-Rex is a great gift.
Love it!!! I was so excited, and Southern was too.
No comments:
Post a Comment