A friend's status on Facebook today read this:
♥ ♥ ♥ A person that loses a partner is called a widow. A child who loses a parent is called an orphan. But there is no word to describe a parent that loses a child, because the loss is like no other. So will you put this as your status for just 1 hour?? Think of someone you know or love who has lost a baby or a child, and take a few minutes to remember & honor their beautiful angels. ♥ ♥ ♥
So I re-posted it as my status. I was just thinking about our first baby today actually...
We lost our little sweetie just a week and a half after learning I was pregnant in May of 2008. It was heartbreaking and painful - both emotionally and physically. We never even got to meet our little one. Maybe that makes the loss easier to bear? But knowing that our baby's paternal grandmother was waiting in heaven did make it easier.
And since then, we have lost two of our children's great grandfathers - one in October of 2008 and another in October of 2010 - so I like to think they have all found each other up there.
No comments:
Post a Comment