I am the proud mother of two sons :) And already they are so different. Remington isn't a Southern #2 (AKA Dustin #3) like I thought he would be. They don't look alike. He has a whole head of dark hair and doesn't have the sweet little chipmunk cheeks Southern had. He has thin legs and long narrow fingers and feet. I remember rolls on Southern's little thighs at this age. Southern also has Dustin's problem of some brands of shoes not being wide enough. It looks like Remy won't have to worry about that.
Remington also has already shown his own personality. He eats more than Southern did... like ALL the time... take yesterday for example: He started eating at 2:30pm and didn't want to stop until almost midnight. How did I not go insane, you ask? Around 4:30pm, I strapped him and Southern into the car and drove to the post office. We mailed Remington's baptism invitations and stopped by Sonic for some drinks before heading back home. That bought me a good half hour. Then I fed him while eating pizza and watching a movie. About halfway through the movie, I passed him to Dustin to rock. That bought me another 20 minutes. I then fed him off and on - only stopping to burp - until it was time to take my shower. He just had to wait in his swing downstairs with Daddy until I finished and got Southern into bed. I then fed him again until he feel asleep close to midnight. And I was practically giddy when I put him down and stretched out in my bed!
And speaking of feeding, he won't eat when he has a dirty diaper. I remember Southern not caring one way or the other. But both boys did scream bloody murder during diaper changes that this age. Thankfully Remington's cries are no where near the decibel level Southern's were. His cry is much quieter and lower pitched. He also hates bathtime. I remember Southern freaking out at first but then coming to love the water.
I'm so excited to see as they grow how else they will differ.
No comments:
Post a Comment