Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tagged!

I was tagged by my good friend Jessica at Country Boy and City Girl (http://www.countryboyandcitygirl.com/) so I must answer the next 8 questions.


1. What is your greatest achievement?

Obviously, it's Southern! He constantly amazes me. He's growing and learning things so quickly. I like to attribute some of that to all of the time and energy I spend on him and for him, but I know he should take some credit as well. Just little things he does make me so proud. I can tell him to wiggle his toe, and he knows to stick out his foot and start wiggling. How many 16-months olds know that?!? :)


2. What is your worst habit?

Yikes! Well, I guess it depends on who you ask, but I would say it's my shopping habit. I love it too much!! ;) At least I'm always getting good deals, and we don't use credit cards anymore, so it's not that bad.


3. What did you want to be when you "grew up"?

At different points in my life it varied from a secretary to an interior designer to a worker at Dairy Queen (access to all those steak fingers... what more could you want in life?). But through it all, I've always wanted to be a wife and mommy, so I guess you can say my wish came true. {And here's the *aww* moment. As my Aunt BeBe pointed out, my posts usually do have one of those.}


4. What is your favorite childhood memory?


Definitely the trips to Port A with my extended family. I love those guys :) Wish we could do it again.

5. How did you decide on the name for your blog?

I created it before we knew Southern's gender so we didn't have his name settled on yet. And it's a blog all about him, so Baby Wyatt it was.

6. What is your favorite place to go out to eat?

I love going out to eat most anywhere, but my current favorite is Cracker Barrel. It's kid friendly, and they have really good homemade tasting food.

7. What is the last book that you read?

Right now I'm going through the China Bayles mysteries. {I recommend them, Jessica!} They all take place in a small (fictional) Texas town located between San Antonio and Austin so the hometown references are fun. Plus, they keep you guessing until the end. And mixed in are recipes and info about plants. Too cool. (They're by Susan Wittig Albert.)

8. What is your favorite family tradition?

Old - Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa's house. No matter where we are in our lives (or in Texas!) we all gather together on that evening every year no matter what. And by all, I mean all 25+ of us and growing. The presents are pretty awesome, but my favorite part of the holidays is family.

New - Another Christmas-ish tradition, stockings on St. Nick's Day (December 6th). Some families open up stockings on Christmas, but it is a lot more fun (and a perfect opportunity to teach Southern about a saint instead of a jolly ol' non-denominational guy... no offense, Santa) to spread the gift-giving out a little. And this year will be especially fun with Southern old enough to realize what's going on.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

YAY for not using credit cards anymore! It's so tempting to use them...but I want to lock ours up!

And I don't think I will ever forget that you wanted to work at DQ, I think that is so funny!

I will have to dust off my library card and check out those books! Thanks!