Anyway, so we had our appointment yesterday at 4:30pm. The nurse weighed me and took my blood pressure. I've gained one pound since last month, making that about 16 lbs total so far. Then the doctor came in, and we went over my birth plan. We then listened to the baby's heartbeat - it was 156. And she measured my tummy. At first she got 37 cm and said no that can't be right (since I'm only 33 weeks along). So she measured again and got 35.5 cm. She said Southern must have been stretching out.
This morning we went back for the sonogram. I was so excited. But just like last time, Southern was sleeping and cuddling up to the placenta so we couldn't get a good look at his face. She took all the measurements and made sure his organs were all still functioning normally. My tummy measured out at 35 cm today, and Southern weighs 5 lbs 13 oz. Yikes! Big baby!! All the books say the average weight for a baby at 33 weeks is about 4.5 lbs.
Here's a picture of his little arm.

No comments:
Post a Comment