Tuesday, October 14, 2008

16 Weeks

I just got home from the doctor's office. The baby's doing great! :) I got to hear his/her heartbeat again. It was pretty easy to find now that the baby is growing. We heard it right below my belly button, which most likely explains the sharp prick of pain that I have been feeling there lately. (I guess our baby is already practicing his/her tennis moves!) The heartbeat was 156. And we measured my tummy for the first time. It was 17 centimeters from my pelvic bone to my belly button - getting bigger! We took another round of blood to finish up those tests. So far, all of the results have been great so the outlook is pretty good that we'll have a super healthy baby.

We also found out that I have gained a pound and a half since last month. My doctor was happy about that and was excited to learn that the morning sickness is no longer a problem for me. My blood pressure was a little lower than last time - I was 110 over 59. Maybe that was due to the fact that I had off today! I spent the morning relaxing at home with kitty. Then I drove over to Seguin to have lunch with Dustin and did a little grocery shopping afterwards. So it was a stress-free day.

I do have some bad news though... we won't be finding out the baby's sex as early as we thought we would. :( They had to reschedule my appointment for next month. It was originally set for Nov. 13th but now it has moved to Nov. 18th. That means we'll have to wait 5 more days!! Ugh!!! It turns out they have another tech that does the sonograms on Thursdays and my doctor wants to do ours herself. So apparently whoever made my appointment the first time didn't know, and now that next month is so close, most days and times are already booked. So now it's going to be on Tuesday, Nov 18th at 1:30pm... which means Dustin will most likely have to take personal leave to get out of work that early. *sigh* Oh well. At least that was the only bad news to report from my doctor's visit.

The baby and I are happy and healthy! :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Glad to hear everything with you and the baby is doing well!! We miss you guys very much. Can't wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl...I think you can survive 5 more days! :)